(Rated 4.80/5.00 from 28 ratings.)
Listen To Audio Here
Tommy Hilfiger Pronunciation
Listen to us saying the Tommy Hilfiger pronunciation correctly. It's the perfect way to say Tommy Hilfiger.
Quick Overview of Tommy Hilfiger
It's easy to pronounce Tommy Hilfiger, the leading American designer, and the name of his lifestyle brand. The website for Tommy Hilfiger can be found here. Designs include men's and women's clothing, the iconic 'Tommy Jeans', accessories, fragrances, jewelry, and home furnishings.The brand is named for its founder, Tommy Hilfiger, who was born in New York and is still at the helm of design. The look is distinctly American and leans towards 'preppy'. It's a perennial style which has multinational appeal. Tommy Hilfiger Stores are now on five continents.Hilfiger has built a billion dollar empire from humble beginnings. The brand has a strong philanthropic drive and charities include the 'Tommy Cares' organization, as well as the World Wildlife Fund, Autism, and Save the Children. Cotton clothing is a key feature and it's made with a commitment to organic cotton and the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI).
The pronunciation of Hilfiger is as written. The '-er' sounds like the '-er' in water if you are in the UK or speak with a Received British accent.If you are in the USA, pronounce the '-er' as you pronounce the '-er' in 'water'. In standard UK English, the 'r' in 'water' is silent, in the US it's pronounced. Use your judgment, either version is correct.The origin of the name 'Hilfiger' is German.
7 Interesting Facts about Tommy Hilfiger
- Lewis Hamilton is the Global Ambassador for Tommy Hilfiger Menswear;
- Tommy's brand was launched in 1985;
- Gigi Hadid is 'The Girl' who stars in ad campaigns for the fragrance;
- Sisters Gigi, Bella, and brother Anwar Hadid all walked in Tommy Hilfiger's Spring 2018 Runway Show;
- The Hadids were not the only siblings to feature: The Jagger sisters added to the glamour;
- This season features a Motorsport Racing theme;
- The Tommy X Gigi collection includes a Barbie doll!
Photo credit: jikatu on Visualhunt.com / CC BY-SA
Famous Quotes & Facts
The most venomous jellyfish in the world is named the Irukandji and is smaller than your fingernail.