How To Pronounce 'Tartine, Tartines'?
How Do You Say 'Tartine, Tartines' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Tartine, Tartines'?
Famous Quotes & Facts
Ronald McDonald is “Donald McDonald” in Japan because it makes pronunciation easier for the Japanese. In Singapore he’s known as “Uncle McDonald”.
A Quick Overview Of Tartine, Tartines
A 'tartine' *(f) is a slice of bread and butter. If you mean to say an unbuttered slice, or 'piece' of bread, use the word 'tranche'. The following terms are commonly used:
- une tartine de beurre - buttered slice of bread
- une tartine de confiture - buttered slice of bread with jam
- une tartine de miel - buttered slice of bread and honey
- The verb 'tartiner' (tahr/tee/nay) means 'to spread'
- See also 'pain' - the French word for bread
How To Say It