How To Pronounce 'Sauces Mères'?
How Do You Say 'Sauces Mères' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Sauces Mères'?
Famous Quotes & Facts
Ronald McDonald is “Donald McDonald” in Japan because it makes pronunciation easier for the Japanese. In Singapore he’s known as “Uncle McDonald”.
A Quick Overview Of Sauces Mères
'Sauces Mères' literally means the 'Mother Sauces'. It refers to the basic sauces in French cooking from which other sauces are derived. This classification was first made by the famous chef Antoine Carême.There is no one definite list - some experts will say there are 4 mother sauces and others say there are 5. The following list is representative.
- Sauces Brunes -'Brown Sauces'
- Sauces Blanches - 'White Sauces'
- Sauces au Beurre - 'Butter Sauces'
- Sauce Mayonnaise - from which sauces such as 'Rémoulade', 'Tartare', and 'Aïoli' are derived
- Sauce Blanche au beurre, also known as 'Sauce Bâtarde' - 'White Sauce with Butter'
How To Say It
- sauces mères
- sauce mehr