(Rated 4.80/5.00 from 28 ratings.)
Listen To Audio Here
Sauces Mères Pronunciation
Listen to us saying the Sauces Mères pronunciation correctly. It's the perfect way to say Sauces Mères.
Quick Overview of Sauces Mères
'Sauces Mères' literally means the 'Mother Sauces'. It refers to the basic sauces in French cooking from which other sauces are derived. This classification was first made by the famous chef Antoine Carême.There is no one definite list - some experts will say there are 4 mother sauces and others say there are 5. The following list is representative.
- Sauces Brunes -'Brown Sauces'
- Sauces Blanches - 'White Sauces'
- Sauces au Beurre - 'Butter Sauces'
- Sauce Mayonnaise - from which sauces such as 'Rémoulade', 'Tartare', and 'Aïoli' are derived
- Sauce Blanche au beurre, also known as 'Sauce Bâtarde' - 'White Sauce with Butter'
How To Say It
- sauces mères
- sauce mehr
Famous Quotes & Facts
Living life with a smile is like throwing yeast into a bowl of flour, adding warm water and waiting for the flour to rise. It multiplies may times over.