Say 'Olla Podrida'? Correctly
How To Say 'Olla Podrida' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Olla Podrida'?
Famous Quotes & Facts
A Quick Overview Of Olla Podrida
- Olla podrida
- OH/yah poh/THREE/thah
‘Olla’ is a two syllable word, so the stress falls on the first syllable. ‘Podrida’ is stressed in the normal way, i.e. the stress falls on the penultimate (second to last) syllable.
- The 'o's are pronounced closest to the 'o' in 'hot';
- Always pronounce the Spanish 'll' like the 'y' in 'yes';
- The 'a's are pronounced closest to the 'a' in 'father';
- The Spanish‘d’s here are correctly pronounced like the English ‘th’ sound in ‘the';
- The 'i' is pronounced like the 'i' in 'machine', and the English name ‘Ti na’.