How To Say Kirsch, Kirschwasser Correctly?
How To Say Kirsch, Kirschwasser Audio
Learn 'How To Say Kirsch, Kirschwasser'?
How To Say Kirsch, Kirschwasser Overview
‘Kirsch’ or 'Kirschwasser' is a clear fruit brandy distilled from cherry juice and stones. The name 'Kirsch' comes from the German word for cherry, 'Kirsche', and 'Wasser' means 'water' - referring to the fact that the spirit is clear in colour. Kirschwasser is chiefly made in Germany, Switzerland and the 'Germanic' region of France, 'Alsace'.
- kirsch wasser
- k'ear'sh vas/sər
'Kirsch' is a one syllable word.
- The 'ir' sounds closest to the English word 'ear', and rhymes with 'cheer';
- Say the 'sch' as you would 'sh' in English.
- The 'w' sounds like the English 'v';
- The 'a' sounds like the 'a' in 'father';
- The 'e' sounds like the 'e' in 'water' - the 'e' is a neutral vowel, represented by the upside down 'ə'.
Famous Quotes & Facts
If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.