How To Pronounce 'Guisado'?
How Do You Say 'Guisado' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Guisado'?
A Quick Overview Of Guisado
A ‘guisado’ *(m) is one of several Spanish words used to refer to a stew, or casserole. Watch out that you don’t confuse is with ‘guisante’ which is Spanish for a ‘pea’.See also ‘cocido’, ‘puchero’, ‘olla podrida’, and ‘estofado’
- The 'u' is only present as a buttress to protect the 'g' from the effects of the 'i', and is not pronounced. Without the 'u' the 'g' would soften to the 'ch' sound in 'loch’. Here you say it like the hard 'g' in 'get';
- The 'i' is pronounced like the 'i' in 'machine', and the English name ‘Tina’;
- The 'a' is pronounced closest to the 'a' in ;
- The Spanish ‘d’ here is correctly pronounced like the English ‘th’ sound in ‘the’;
- The 'o' is pronounced closest to the 'o' in 'hot'.
The French word for a stew is ‘ragoût’, and the Italian word is ‘stufato’.
Learn How To Pronounce better!