Listen To Grand Cru Classé
Pronounce Grand Cru Classé HERE
Quick Overview of Grand Cru Classé
The Grands Crus Classés of Bordeaux consist of 5 classification tiers for the greatest red wines of the region. 'Grands crus' may be translated as 'Great Growths'. This classification was conceived in 1855, and is still used today:
- Premiers Grands Crus Classés - the best of the best. Only 5 wines are in this class: Château Lafite Rothschild, Château Latour, Château Mouton Rothschild, Château Margaux, Château Haut Brion;
- Deuxièmes Grands Crus Classés - the second 'tier'. (Deuxième means 'second'). This category includes great wines such as Château Pichon Longueville Baron, and Château Pichon Lalande;
- Troisièmes Grands Crus Classés - third classification of 'Great Growths';
- Quatrièmes Grands Crus Classés - fourth classification of 'Great Growths';
- Cinquième Grands Crus Classés - fifth classification of 'Great Growths'.
Note that the singular and plural forms of these terms are pronounced identically in French. For more information about this classification system, take a look at the official website crusclasses.com
Listen To It
Grand Cru Classé Syllables & Phonetics
Grands Crus Classés
Grand Cru Classé Pronunciation
Listen to us saying Grand Cru Classé correctly. It's the perfect Grand Cru Classé pronunciation.
Famous Quotes & Facts
The saddest journey in the world is the one that follows a precise itinerary. Then you’re not a traveler. You’re a f@@king tourist.