How To Say Franche-Comté Correctly?
How To Say Franche-Comté Audio
Learn 'How To Say Franche-Comté'?
How To Say Franche-Comté Overview
'Franche-Comté' is a mountain region of France, situated along the German and Swiss borders. The cheese, comté, originates from this area.
How To Say It
- The ‘a’ sounds like the ‘a’ in ‘father’;
- The ‘n’ is nasalized, because it follows a vowel;
- The ‘ch’ sounds like the English ‘sh’ in ‘shop’;
- An unaccented 'e' at the end of a word is mute - you do not sound it. The 'o' in ‘om’ sounds like the ‘o’ 'hot'. The 'm' is nasalised;
- You pronounce the final 't' because it is followed by an 'e';
- The 'é' with a forward slanting (acute) accent is always pronounced like the 'ay' sound in 'yay'.
Famous Quotes & Facts
We bleed, we tremble; we forget, we smile – The mind turns fool, before the cheek is dry