(Rated 4.80/5.00 from 28 ratings.)
Listen To Audio Here
Listen to us saying the Franche-Comté pronunciation correctly. It's the perfect way to say Franche-Comté.
Quick Overview of Franche-Comté
'Franche-Comté' is a mountain region of France, situated along the German and Swiss borders. The cheese, comté, originates from this area.
How To Say It
- The ‘a’ sounds like the ‘a’ in ‘father’;
- The ‘n’ is nasalized, because it follows a vowel;
- The ‘ch’ sounds like the English ‘sh’ in ‘shop’;
- An unaccented 'e' at the end of a word is mute - you do not sound it. The 'o' in ‘om’ sounds like the ‘o’ 'hot'. The 'm' is nasalised;
- You pronounce the final 't' because it is followed by an 'e';
- The 'é' with a forward slanting (acute) accent is always pronounced like the 'ay' sound in 'yay'.
Famous Quotes & Facts
The Viennese wash everything. Where else in the world does the government hire public servants to wash public telephone booths and the glass over traffic lights? Every time I see someone doing these things, I smile like a child.