How To Pronounce 'Estofado'?
How Do You Say 'Estofado' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Estofado'?
A Quick Overview Of Estofado
‘Estofado’ is one of several Spanish words for ‘stew’, but it can be used in two ways:
- ‘Estofado’*(m) used as a noun means ‘stew’, or ‘braise’, or ‘pot-roasted;
- ‘Estofado, estofada’*(adj) which used as an adjective means ‘stewed’, or braised’, or ‘pot-roasted’. For example, ‘carne estofada’ is stewed/braised/pot-roasted meat. The ‘a’ at the end of ‘estofada’ reflects that the noun described (carne) is feminine.
- The 'e' sounds like the 'e' in 'egg';
- The 'o's are pronounced closest to the 'o' in 'hot';
- The 'a' is pronounced closest to the 'a' in ;
- The Spanish ‘d’ here is correctly pronounced like the English ‘th’ sound in ‘the’.
The French word for ‘stew’ is ‘ragoût’, and the Italian is ‘stufato’.
Learn How To Pronounce better!