Say 'How To Say Estofado'? Correctly
How To Say 'How To Say Estofado' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'How To Say Estofado'?
Famous Quotes & Facts
A Quick Overview Of How To Say Estofado
‘Estofado’ is one of several Spanish words for ‘stew’, but it can be used in two ways:
- ‘Estofado’*(m) used as a noun means ‘stew’, or ‘braise’, or ‘pot-roasted;
- ‘Estofado, estofada’*(adj) which used as an adjective means ‘stewed’, or braised’, or ‘pot-roasted’. For example, ‘carne estofada’ is stewed/braised/pot-roasted meat. The ‘a’ at the end of ‘estofada’ reflects that the noun described (carne) is feminine.
- The 'e' sounds like the 'e' in 'egg';
- The 'o's are pronounced closest to the 'o' in 'hot';
- The 'a' is pronounced closest to the 'a' in ;
- The Spanish ‘d’ here is correctly pronounced like the English ‘th’ sound in ‘the’.
The French word for ‘stew’ is ‘ragoût’, and the Italian is ‘stufato’.