How To Pronounce 'Denominazione Di Origine Controllata'?
How Do You Say 'Denominazione Di Origine Controllata' Audio
Phonetics For Pronouncing 'Denominazione Di Origine Controllata'?
deh/noh/mee/nah/TSYOH/neh dee oh/REE/djee/neh kohn/trohl/LAH/tah
Famous Quotes & Facts
Ronald McDonald is “Donald McDonald” in Japan because it makes pronunciation easier for the Japanese. In Singapore he’s known as “Uncle McDonald”.
A Quick Overview Of Denominazione Di Origine Controllata
Denominazione di Origine Controllata, or DOC, is the Italy's attempt to form an equivalent of the French 'Appellation d'origine contrôlée', or 'AOC' laws. DOC means 'a mark, or name (denominazione) indicating that the origin (origine) of a wine is controlled (controllata)'. These wines are guaranteed to have come from the region indicated, but their quality may be questionable.
- Denominación de Pago, the highest rank of Spanish wines
- Denominación de Origen Calificada, the next rank, and very limited
- Denominación de Origen, regional wines, with a much larger range than Denominación de Origen Calificada wines
- Vino de Calidad Producido en Región Determinada, or (VCPRD) wines. The rough equivalent of Italian IGT wines, and the French vins de pays
- Vino de la Tierra, for wines which don't quite make it to VCPRD status
- Vino de Mesa, or table wines
How To Say It
- denominazione di origine controllata
- deh/noh/mee/nah/TSYOH/neh dee oh/REE/djee/neh kohn/trohl/LAH/tah
Learn How To Pronounce better!