How To Say Denominación De Origen Calificada Correctly?
How To Say Denominación De Origen Calificada Audio
Learn 'How To Say Denominación De Origen Calificada'?
denominación de origen calificada
deh/noh/mee/nah/THYOHN deh oh/REE/xehn kah/lee/fee/KAH/thah
How To Say Denominación De Origen Calificada Overview
Denominación de Origen Calificada, or DOC is the Spanish equivalent of the French 'Appellation d'origine contrôlée', or 'AOC' and indicates that wines so designated are of the highest quality. It translates as 'qualified or verified (calificada) name (denominación) of (de) origin (origen)'. This is a very limited category of wines.
There is another, more exclusive category of Spanish wines which has recently been resurrected - this is wines which are Denominación de Pago. These wines are very strictly regulated, and are likely to be from single estates or extremely strictly delineated areas.
- Denominación de Pago, the highest rank of Spanish wines;
- Denominación de Origen Calificada, the next rank, and very limited;
- Denominación de Origen, regional wines, with a much larger range than Denominación de Origen Calificada wines;
- Vino de Calidad Producido en Región Determinada, or (VCPRD) wines. The rough equivalent of Italian IGT wines, and the French vins de pays;
- Vino de la Tierra, for wines which don't quite make it to VCPRD status;
- Vino de Mesa, or table wines.
The Italian equivalent rankings, in the same order are:
- Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita - the highest ranking of Italian wines;
- Denominazione di Origine Controllata - the second ranking in the classification of Italian wines;
- Indicazione Geografica Tipica, or IGT wines - regional wines;
- Vino da tavolo- table wines.
French wines are ranked by the 'Institut National des Appellations d'Origine', (INAO) which roughly translates as the 'national institute for naming (of wines) by origin. According to their system, French wines are ranked as follows:
- Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée, or AOC wines are the best French wines;
- Vins Délimités de Qualité Supérieure or VDQS wines are the second rank of quality French wines;
- Vins de Pays (regional wines) is the third rank of French wines;
- Vins de Table (table wines) is the fourth rank of French wines.
How To Say It
- denominacion deorigen calificada
- deh/noh/mee/nah/THYOHN dehoh/REE/xehn kah/lee/fee/KAH/thah
Famous Quotes & Facts
I believe that when you put a smile out there, you get a smile back.