Listen To Croustade, Croustades
Pronounce Croustade, Croustades HERE
Quick Overview of Croustade, Croustades
The dictionary definition of 'croustade, croustades' *(f) is 'a savoury pie'. From my investigations a better way to define a croustade is as some sort of 'farinaceous, edible holder with a filling'. Croustades include:
- Bread (loaf, or rolls) which has been hollowed out to leave just the crust, brushed with butter, and crisped in the oven before being filled. See also 'croûte';
- Pastry baked blind, and filled;
- Rice or semolina, bound with eggs, and sometimes cheese, which spread out to cool and thicken, and then shaped to make room for a filling. 'Duchesse' potatoes can be used in a similar way.
How To Say It
- croustade /s
The Best Way To Pronounce It
- The French 'ou' sounds closest to the English 'oo' in 'food'. The 'u' in 'scuba' is also a good reference;
- The ‘a’ sounds like the ‘a’ in ‘father’, and the 'lah' from 'do re mi';
- You say the 'd' because it is followed by an 'e'. The 'e' itself is silent.
Listen To It
Croustade, Croustades Syllables & Phonetics
Croustade, Croustades Pronunciation
Listen to us saying Croustade, Croustades correctly. It's the perfect Croustade, Croustades pronunciation.
Famous Quotes & Facts
Everyone looks so much better when they smile.