How To Say Chevreuil Correctly?
How To Say Chevreuil Audio
Learn 'How To Say Chevreuil'?
How To Say Chevreuil Overview
‘Chevreuil’ *(m) is the French word for ‘roebuck’, but it also refers to venison in general. Examples of dishes featuring venison are:
- civet au chevreuil – venison stew (thickened with blood);
- côtelettes de chevreuil - venison cutlets, or chops;
- selle de chevreuil – saddle of venison ;
- noisettes de chevreuil - venison noisettes.
How do you say 'venison' in Italian and Spanish?
How To Say It
The Best Way To Pronounce It
- The French ‘ch’ sounds like the English ‘sh’ in 'shop';
- The 'e' here is a neutral vowel, indicated by 'ə'. It sounds like the English 'e' in 'the', and the 'uh' sound in the English 'a';
- The 'eui' vowel cluster has 2 sounds which run into each other. The first is the 'eu' which sounds like the second 'e' in 'refEr', or if you prefer, the 'u' sound in 'fur', and 'urge', indicated by ‘ø’. The second is the 'i' which sounds more like the ‘y’ in ‘very’. These sounds form one syllable, NOT two. With a little practice you will get it right;
- The final ‘l’ is silent.
Famous Quotes & Facts
Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.