How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Correctly?
How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Audio
Learn 'How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre'?
bøhr (burr), oh bøhr(burr)
How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Overview
'Beurre' *(m) is French for 'butter'. 'Au beurre', which means 'with butter' is used to describe food cooked in butter.
- beurre noisette - browned butter
- beurre d'escargot - 'snail butter' with garlic and parsley
- beurre maître d'hotel
- buerre manié - kneaded butter
- beurre noir - black or 'burned' butter
- sauces au beurre - butter sauces
How do you say 'butter' in Italian and Spanish?
- Beurre, au beurre
- bøhr, oh bøhr (burr)
- The ‘eurre’ rhymes with ‘fur’, stir, and 'refER'. It is not necessary to sound the 'r', although American English speakers will probably do it naturally. It may sound forced with a middle UK, South African or Australian accent. The 'eu' sound is indicated by this symbol: 'ø'; You can use the English word 'burr' as a reference;
- The final 'e' is silent;
- The ‘au’ vowel cluster sounds like the ‘o’ sound in the English ‘oh’.
Famous Quotes & Facts
The Port of Miami holds the title for the busiest cruise port in the world. In 2013, more than four million cruise passengers traveled through its facilities.