How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Correctly?
How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Audio
Learn 'How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre'?
bøhr (burr), oh bøhr(burr)
How To Say Beurre, Au Beurre Overview
'Beurre' *(m) is French for 'butter'. 'Au beurre', which means 'with butter' is used to describe food cooked in butter.
- beurre noisette - browned butter
- beurre d'escargot - 'snail butter' with garlic and parsley
- beurre maître d'hotel
- buerre manié - kneaded butter
- beurre noir - black or 'burned' butter
- sauces au beurre - butter sauces
How do you say 'butter' in Italian and Spanish?
- Beurre, au beurre
- bøhr, oh bøhr (burr)
- The ‘eurre’ rhymes with ‘fur’, stir, and 'refER'. It is not necessary to sound the 'r', although American English speakers will probably do it naturally. It may sound forced with a middle UK, South African or Australian accent. The 'eu' sound is indicated by this symbol: 'ø'; You can use the English word 'burr' as a reference;
- The final 'e' is silent;
- The ‘au’ vowel cluster sounds like the ‘o’ sound in the English ‘oh’.
Famous Quotes & Facts
This was how it was with travel: one city gives you gifts, another robs you. One gives you the heart’s affections, the other destroys your soul. Cities and countries are as alive, as feeling, as fickle and uncertain as people. Their degrees of love and devotion are as varying as with any human relation. Just as one is good, another is bad.