A Quick Overview Of How To Say Azúcar
‘Azúcar’ is the Spanish word for sugar. Although nouns are usually masculine or feminine in gender, this word can be either. I have restricted my examples to masculine adjectives in, for example, ‘white sugar’ (see below), because the masculine version does seem to be more used. Bear in mind that ‘azúcar blanco’ can also read ‘azúcar blanca’.
- azúcar glasé – icing, or confectioner’s sugar (glah/SEH)
- azúcar granulado – granulated sugar (grah/noo/LAH/thoh)
- azúcar lustre – caster, or superfine sugar (LOO/streh)
- azúcar moreno – brown sugar(moh/REH/noh)
How do you say 'sugar' in French and Italian?
How To Say It
- ah/THOO/kahr (Spain)
- ah/SOO/kahr (South America)