How To Say Allumette, Allumetes Correctly?
How To Say Allumette, Allumetes Audio
Learn 'How To Say Allumette, Allumetes'?
How To Say Allumette, Allumetes Overview
'Allumette, allumettes' *(f') literally means 'matchstick,s', and may refer to:
- pastry cut into small strips resembling matches - you may see 'allumettes au fromage' which, translated literally means 'matchsticks with cheese', or, as we say it in English, 'cheese straws';
- potatoes cut into thin matchsticks, and fried;
- thin sticks of pastry, which are glazed with icing.
The singular and plural forms of this word are pronounced identically.
- allumette /s
How To Say It
- The ‘a’ sounds like the ‘a’ in ‘father’;.
- The 'u' rhymes with 'mew';
- Say the 'mett' to rhyme with 'bet';
- Do not say the final 'e';
- The singular and the plural forms of the word are pronounced identically.
Famous Quotes & Facts
Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.